Vijay asks me to write...

I am happy that there is at least one person who wants me to update my blog and that person is Vjay L Iyer.thanks vijay,your request has boosted my ego.

For the uninitiated Vijay is one of my college friends with a tremendous apetite for writing humour stuff and posesses tremendous creativity especially when it comes to writing about our culture and our epics namely ramayana,what say Vijay??

The week has been a bit okay with lotta people saying that i shudn't be down,buck up and what not else.It was really encouraging.Everybody seems down,or is it becoz i am down i feel everyone is also like that.To drive home the point,i had a discussion with all my college classies,and bingo everyone had to ramble.One guy was getting royally screwed at work and to add to the agony his appraisal was also not that good.I really pity him.poor chap had been slogging for 16 hors a day 6 days a week and all he manages is a 3rd slot in the appraisal.Its really depressing,after such a gala time in college for four years you slog your ass out @ work and dont get recognised due to petty politics it really hurts.For some .CAT prep was going haywire and they were still @ the point from where they had started and this time i had to console them saying that its fine buddy,we are gonna make it.. .

A colleague is leaving for another comapny SAP labs.So we had a farewell this sunday at bessie and it was one ocassion which made it possible to meet 12 of my ELT training batchmates.Then it was ramblings as usual with 3-4 people forming their own clique and talking.The group element was missing.though it was supposed to be a getto there wasn't much involvement.What does that signify??
It signifies teh lack of any common topics,which means that we have grown so dumb that we cant even find a topic to talk about.I just could not believe it!!Just a year back we were partying,having fun,talking for 4 hours at a stretch but now all vanished into thin air. Thats Life i suppose.

I tried to strike a chord bnetween everyone by starting up some some conversation,but noone took the lead thereafter and so i stopped talking,and as teh rats followed piep piper my batchmates followed suit and they also became quiet.So much for a getto!!I guess even i need to take a major part of teh blame as i also was involved in talk with one of my very close confidants.Poor Chap,had got royally screwed in his appraisal.i felt really sorry for him.He had worked his ass out and yet he got menial treatment,which is very bad.Blame it on petty politics.

Then i started to ramble abt CAT and poor guy had to endure the ennui for another 30 mins.Then we started to discuss abt depression in young IT pros.Whomever i had confided with had teh same opinion,Life sucks!! .Lemme reiterate many of tehse guyz were hard core optimists but now times have changed.We just started to analyze why??

1) Missing college life esp CIT hostel life and the group.
2) No mutual time for gettos and movies.
3) Drab work,Lack of application of Thought process
4) Disillusion between work and higher studies
5) Miss the 3 hour gossiping sessions in the night.
6) watching movies in comp along with 10 other friends
7) Playing outdoor games
8) hardly talk on a everyday basis with friends which ultimately leads to loneliness and depression.


These had been the reasons for teh bouts of depression each one of us were facing.Hopefully we recuperate from it.AAh forgot to tell,Had my first telecon with an ONSITE coordinator.he was a nice chap.(at least seems so).After 1 and half years the closest i could get anywhere near onsite(America) was a telecon,so i guess an onsite oppurtunity is in the offing within the next 10 years.

Mebbe i am being too optimistic..



Comments

JC said…
Hi Prashant,

Remember me? I had asked for your opinion on which job offer to take well I finally decided to stay where I was, any way I could strike a cord with this post. I am also facing similar emotional crisis at work. Any way it was a good emotional boost reading your blog keep the good work up

Popular Posts