Nitya Rocks !!

Well I bet this sounds like a movie title wherein a desi girl becomes a Rock star. Whether she is a rock star on the dance floor i am not too sure, but on the Kitchen and the dining table she truly rocks !! Well my dear friends I am resuming blogging with an ode to a wonderful friend's legendary culinary skills as well as generous attitude of serving food to a brahmachari payyan (whose culinary skills extend till that of making Maggi) in the USA.

I should admit that i am a spoilt child and i did not even know how to prepare rasam while in india or for that matter cut onions. So when i landed in US and being a hardcore veggie i just ran out of options.how many days can you eat the frozen stuff?
I go to TGIF and have salad, they have a dish called quessadillo which i initially pronounce as quessaaaa'dil'lo and get embarassed and finally end up pronouncing it the right way as casadia and that too one with 'NO MEAT'. vegetarian out here involves non red meat. so the word NO MEAT is sacrosanct for a hardcore veggie like me. There were these two desi restaurants ali baba and Udupi who adopted me for nearly 3 months and served me lunchboxes but even they became stale. It was at this time that my good friend nitya entered the scene.

Nitya is one person who works extremely hard throughout the day in office and still finds time to prepare a sumptuous meal. Till date i would have received at least 10 brahmachari anna-danam in USA and i will forever be indebted to Nitya for that. For Onam we had Onam Sadya served on plaintain leaf in the USA. Can you believe that?? Pictures will definitely be uploaded. I guess it had close to 10 dishes. For Diwali we had another dinner with close to 12 dishes. we had a potluck. so me and my roomie( me is silent) prepared a form of rice and christined it as vegetable biryani pulao mix after a tedious polling contest from our fellow guinea pigs after tasting it. Thankfully no one fell sick !!

But as they say all good things come to an end and Nitya is leaving to India in january and this blog post is a dedication to her to say that me and my room-mate will definitely miss her and the signs were pretty much palpable when i took the initiative yesterday and prepared uralai fry and sambar yesterday !!! Miracles do happen !!! No more brahmachari annadanam's i guess... but who knows Nitya might change her mind and come back to the US !!

Hum Kaaana Kaane ke liye kuch bhi kah sakhthe hain aur usme hamein koi besharmi nahin !!!

NITYA ROCKS ---- This was the caption i used with interludes of superlative adjectives to describe nitya's culinary prowess and i have been pretty successfull in it..

Comments

Vinesh said…
Good for you, buddy! Glad to hear your tongue got a reprieve :-)
U said…
//(whose culinary skills extend till that of making Maggi) in the USA. //

ha ha. add me to the list buddy..
U said…
u know what. i am surviving here coz of my room mater. and pity like how nitya leaves next month. that guy too leave next month.
U said…
but somehow i survived till date witout non veg. lets see how the days goes on.
U said…
//I am resuming blogging with//

Welcome machi
harry said…
well, jagan namba chennaila vaazhntha vaazhkaiya ninachuttu...enga...owww......

anyways shit happens..thats life..
U said…
yeah da. enna than polambunallum . jollya than busla daily povom :((
U said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
G U R U said…
Pal, I've got a great PDF that's got tons of tasty recipes that are easy to make..scrap me if you're interested and I shall have it mailed to you :)
G U R U said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
G U R U said…
Hey, btw, when I was blogrolling you, I noticed that you had my wordpress blog saved as 'Prasad-short films' (felt kinda euphoric seeing that title :))... I don't blog much in WP..so, you might want to change it to http://jilponks.blogspot.com

Popular Posts