hmmm....should say its been a terrible week.the only consolation being attending a distant cousin's marriage yesterday.saturday could be termed one of the worst days in recent past.My Brother was relieved of his purse by an expert pickpocket(relieved it within a few minutes as he boarded the bus).To add more agony to that i went in and rammed my bike directly into an ambassador car at 40 kmph.Fault was not mine as the car had applied sudden brake and before i realised that my head light was smashed.Thank god there wasnt anyone on to my right else.... . Had CL classes on both saturday and sunday,Grammar classes.Woudn't say they were great.all i can say is i was yawning a great deal much to the chagrin of the staff who was taking.But she got back her revenge by insulting me in public asking why i was yawning,whether i was okay?Shit!! there were 32 pair of eyes who were also in the same exalted condition as mine and as soon as she uttered my name these guyz started to stare at me as if i was an alien.So much for sleeping in class.ain't a person have enough freedom to yawn at least??i thought we were the world's largest democracy.drat!One of the most embarassing moments in recent months.

Sunday went on fine.Gopi's class was great.Good tactics and techniques taught in RC.had a good debate on women's reservation and the points we discussed about the pro's and cons of women's reservation.

Why we can't have 33 % women reservation...
1)because India is mostly divided on caste basis and men will be able to bring into them the caste factor much better than their women counterparts.
2)Generally not many women enter politics and in case they do enter it is because some person from their family is into it.hence it will again lead to dynastic politics.
3)33 % is too high and even the developed economies have it in the tune of arnd 20 % .
4)In case we have this reservation system then the guy who is in power in the constituency which is going to be reserved for women next term will not work as no matter what he does the next term he cannot compete there.so there are practical problems too..

Why we should have Reservation.
1) only 8% of MPs are women considering the fact that we have a population of 50 billion women.Very poor representation.
2)better representation of their needs and wants by increasing the ratio.
3)without reservation it will be hard for women to overcome their male political opponents in a society which still boasts of male domination.

My stance at present is neutral.

Then in evening went to cousin's marriage.Since my cousin also belongs to the IT fraternity the marriage was well attended and bore a very young and hep look.All were charmingly dressed and well mannered,i began to doubt whether it was yet another formal company get together.The food was great.Apart from that what really mattered to me was the visual delight which i obtained by indulging myself to the extremities of ornithology.
Awesome!! to put it in A single word.that too some in sarees were spellbinding.wonder why none of them were in my company.Wanted to go and introduce myself and start a conversation but societal constraints forbid me to do so.Unf: the marriage was attended by my mom,all relatives ,grandma .... . What could i do other than occasional ogling.Even as i was doing so ,my brat of a cousin who's a good 5-6 years younger than me started teasing me and was uttering all nonsesnse about me to his father on what all i was doing.i felt really embarrased.Luckily,My auncle being the perfect gentleman sensing my lack of oppurtunities at office and college gave me a smile and a nod of approval.With this i sign off for the day.

Comments

prashanth said…
Hi!!
Nice to see your blog...made for rather interesting readng...well i'm doing my MBA at NITIE, mumbai and was trawling the net for some thing useful and bingo came across your blog!!
would love to know more abt you..so if u find the time drop me a mail at prashanthdm@yahoo.com

cheers..
prashanth..

Popular Posts