Yippee!!! the weekend is drawing to a close.Hope i get into work at least the next week!! No work and Full Play makes Hari a Dull Boy!! and that is now extremely apparent in my slow paced CAT prep.20 more problems left in ratio proportion in CL material and yet to kick off TIME material and IMS material's problems.Oh! God please give me that sincerity to make it into the most elitist MBA Insti!!Went through sidin's blog .Realised what it takes to be among the best!!As my friend raghav pointed out "I have miles to go before i sleep".As i read in Suze's blog what really mattered is your USP(For the uninitiated USP = Unique selling Point).What was Mine??

If this question had been asked in college i would have proudly said that i have got the gift of the gab and can convince people with ease,But now the question remains as an effective means to keep me quiet!!

My Conscience asks me "Why the sudden transformation"??The answer is simple i was filled with self conceit during college and now i have come to grips with reality.what ever i had thought about myself was not true.In fact i had been living in a virtual world like the matrix where my opinions and beliefs were purely based on my individual perception.In short i was not controlled by conscience rather it was conceit that controlled me and made me believe that i was the best.Someone has rightly pointed out that the worst enemy a person can have is himself.With the wrong belief i had ruined one of my chances in CAT! Alas!Dawn has arised over me and i believe i have emerged stronger after my first CAT fiasco.The wrong impression i had was i was really good in verbal while in reality i wasn't.I knew the barron's word lists by heart and used to read at least a novel a month.when it came to the d-day i solved verbal for 55 mins attempted 35 questions and got a percentile of 88. So much for Over Confidence.

As the days are nearing for CAT I would need more than hard work to bell it right.Yeah definitely a proper mix of hard-work,smart-work,Luck and holding my nerves on the D-Day should be fine.alas!If only things go as we wished,the world would be a much better place.
Some may argue that CAT is all about attitude and aptitude and performing under pressure and hard work is not neccesary.But those are very rare cases and not everyone is like rajesh (IIMK). As Lijopoints out CAT is 100 % hard work and performing your best under pressure.We definitely need to emulate big match players like dravid,sachin,Steve waugh and Bevan who bring out their best only during times of adversity.For lesser mortals like me hard work only is going to pay fruits.But i believe i am going to perform without expecting anything.I know the above task is near to IMPOSSIBLE but IMPOSSIBLE can also be rephrased as I M POSSIBLE.

Comments

Popular Posts