What have i done till now??

The past few days i have been wondering what i have been doing for the past 1 month.apart from rambling in my blog i haven't done any useful work to say the least.even my CAT prep hasn't got into full steam.I am doing it at a very relaxed pace.Seems like i might get alloted into development project within the next 15 days and from then people have been telling me that it is going to be really hectic.so i would have to make a headstart in terms of prepping real hard so that i can adjust to those rigours when the project work kicks off.I am right now reading asp dot net fundas from the net and hope that i understand the concepts.

I have often cribbed about the kinda work i have been doing?but reality is i have been cheating myself all along by consoling myself that i have landed in a drab project.The truth is i had not made any conscious effort to update my skill set and was hell bent on pin pointing the work which i was assigned.If i had been really that technically equipped i could have got the job of my choice whilst the reality was i was very badly equipped in technical expertise and the job which i had done was definitely on par with my technical know-how.Of course i can always state the excuse that had i been allotted a techie project i would have worked efficiently but the truth is when i had been given so much free time i did not do anything related to update my technical Know-How,I have miserably failed in motivating myself . the thirst for knowledge has been almost nil. Who is to blame?? None other than yours Truly...

I have been fortunate to start off my career in an great company which is known for its extremely flexible timings,great peer work group,culture and employee friendliness.I have always looked at the negative points of my company but now i realise that there are far more positives which outweigh the negatives by a huge margin.

My attitude has changed for the better.i am gonna start loving my job more.definitely an MBA from an IIM is my primary aim,but the motive is no longer going to be because i hated my job while the motive is because i believe it will be to the best of my interest and my employer that i am involved in something dealing with marketing and people relations.By changing motive it may seem that i have been fickle -minded.I was fickle minded till last week but now i have become more clear on why i want to do an MBA.The Job satisfaction has relieved me of my pressure that i would have to crack CAT this year.My company has been great and will be great ad i am going to explore oppurtunities wherein i can convert my negatives into positives.Definitely a talk with my PL had its effect and enlightened me on what course of action i would have to take.

Before we start cribbing about our job let us spare a second and think that what we have done so that we deserve a better deal??

Comments

Popular Posts