Back to my roots

So i have finally arrived back to Chennai.I reached Chennai by 9 PM yesterday.
So its been a mixed bag so far.my village trip was pleasant.My grandfather was overjoyed when he saw us and he was at his best self for the past 4 days and was felt a bit low as we left.

The trip was filled with nostalgic memories .The village no longer seemed to resemble the one which i used to visit often in my childhood days.it bore the look of a deserted village with hardly 50-60 ppl living in an area which just before a decade housed nearly 400 people.The village,well the "Agraharam" is slowly dying.There are hardly any kids.No neighbours,no hwakers,no sound.Just a deafening silence all through the day.The majority of the inhabitants are very old people counting their last days.There used to be at least 10 servants in our house at any point of time and now there were hardly one or two.I used to travel to nearby villages by bullock carts,but now there are neither bullocks nor the carts.

Our garden of nearly one acre used to be replete with mango ,jackfruit,guave and all other sort of trees.But now nothing remains,its just dense vegitation with snakes and scorpions ruling the roost.

I doubt whether my kids will be able to see the glory of my village.My father was nearly in tears on seeing teh state of teh affirs of his childhood home.What can we do about it?Agriculture is not doing well,rising cost of living,lack of oppurtunities in villages makes everyone head towards teh cities.Blame it on Globalisation.Nothing can be done.These things are inevitable.

I had sumptuous meal on four days and my grandma lavished all the care she could afford on us . My grandpa used to be a strict disciplinarian and even he did not impose any conditions on us and mind you he congratulated me on completing one year of work at CTS on Aug 1st 2004 ,exactly a year after my joining date.

after those pleasnt 4 days i am back to chennai and was greeted witha rank of 5000 and odd AIR in AIMCAT 504.mebbe in a positive note i can say the worst is over and teh best is yet to come.

Comments

Popular Posts